Digital Humanities at Oxford Summer School: Registration Now Open
Digital Humanities at Oxford Summer School, 4 - 8 July 2016
Do you work in the Humanities or support people who do? Are you interested in how the digital can help your research?
Come and learn from experts with participants from around the world, from every field and career stage, to develop your knowledge and acquire new skills.
Immerse yourself for a week in one of our eight workshop strands, and widen your horizons through the keynote and additional sessions.
Workshops to choose:
- An Introduction to Digital Humanities "Expert insights into our digital landscape"
- An Introduction to the Guidelines of the Text Encoding Initiative "Markup for Textual Research"
- Analysing Humanities Data - "An Introduction to Knowledge-Based Computing with the Wolfram Language"
- Digital Musicology - "Applied computational and informatics methods for enhancing musicology"
- From Text to Tech - "Corpus and Computational Linguistics for powerful text processing in the Humanities"
- Humanities Data: A Hands-On Approach - "Making the Most of Messy Data"
- Linked Data for Digital Humanities - "Publishing, Querying, and Linking on the Semantic Web"
- Social Humanities: Citizens at Scale in the Digital World "Social Media, Citizen Science, and Social Machines"
Opening Keynote: Identifying the point of it all: Towards a Model of "Digital Infrapuncture", Deb Verhoeven (Deakin University)
Closing Keynote: Open Access and Digital Humanities – Opening up to the World, Isabel Galina, (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México)
Supplement your chosen workshop with a choice of three from nine additional morning lecture sessions (Tue-Thurs), covering a variety of Digital Humanities topics.
Join us for events every evening, including a research poster and drinks reception, the annual TORCH Digital Humanities lecture, and a dinner at Exeter College.
Reduced fees are available for academics and students, as well as group bookings. See the registration page for details. There are a limited number of bursaries available: click here for more information.
More information is available at our website.
Directors of DHOxSS,