This workshop is aimed at postgraduate students and researchers who will be applying in the next cycle for academic jobs that contain a teaching component. It focuses on utilising your teaching experience during the job application process, from the point of application through to interview. The workshop aims to cover:
- Referring to your teaching experience in cover letters and CVs
- Connecting your research to teaching
- Writing teaching philosophies/statements of teaching values
- Preparing syllabi
- Common interview questions about teaching
- Preparing and discussing your teaching portfolio
- Preparing for a teaching demonstration
This workshop is open to all, although it is particularly recommended for students seeking academic roles in the US and Canada. There are no pre-requisites for this workshop with regards to the level or extent of your teaching experience.
For further information please contact email@example.com.