The organising committee of "Pilgrimage and the Senses" is seeking a conference assistant. The conference assistant will provide general administrative and logistical support on the day of the conference, and possibly in the days leading up to the 7th, as needed. This role offers an excellent opportunity to gain events management experience at an international, interdisciplinary conference and to meet senior and emerging academics across a variety of fields. The position would therefore be ideally suited for a postgraduate or advanced undergraduate student with an interest in the conference themes. Estimated 12–20 hours of work total.
Responsibilities will include:
- Staff the registration desk on the morning of June 7th
- Collect and collate bursary reimbursement forms
- Assist with setting up, rearranging, and cleaning up rooms as needed
- Assist with technical issues as needed
- Mingle with speakers and attendees throughout the day
- Assist with conference promotion via social media
- Availability all day on Friday, June 7th (8:20am–8:00pm) and, ideally, in the few days leading up to the conference for any last-minute preparations
- Ability to carry boxes short distances between buildings in the Radcliffe Observatory Quarter
- Attention to detail
- Free attendance at the conference (includes coffee, lunch, drinks reception; £20 value)
- Free attendance, if desired, at the post-conference dinner for speakers (£20–26 value)
- Possible additional compensation
Interested applicants should submit a brief statement (no more than one side A4) outlining their reason(s) for applying, highlighting relevant skills and experience, and confirming availability on the day of the conference and, ideally, in the week leading up to it.
Please send all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, May 22nd at noon.
Further information about the conference, including the programme, is available at www.pilgrimagesenses2019.com.