There are various elements to the support for colleagues at Oxford either seeking funding for their research in the humanities or wishing to discuss potential projects and/or funding sources.
- Advice and support is available from the Humanities Division Research Facilitation team based in the divisional office in Radcliffe Humanities building.
- If you are a member of the History Faculty, through the Research Development Officer, Aileen Mooney.
- We also run regular briefings on aspects of research funding and work closely with faculties to identify specific events. Oxford users can check our current calendar of events on the Humanities Division's website.
- John Fell Fund, an internal funding scheme, will make seedcorn and start-up grants, and provide staff and funds to stimulate applications to external agencies.
- Support is provided by the University’s Research Services. Its roles include:
- reviewing and authorising research grant applications,
- accepting new awards, and sponsor liaison;
- negotiating research-related contracts;
- advising on the costing and pricing of research at Oxford;
- supporting University and Divisional research-related planning;
- promoting the responsible conduct of research and compliance with regulatory and sponsor requirements;
- facilitating knowledge transfer;
- the continuous improvement of research administration at Oxford.
Please note all research funding applications to external bodies, whether or not they involve a budget, must be seen by Research Services and a divisional facilitator or the RDO. All applications for research leave are also likely to require college consent. Please check with your college senior tutor.
If you are seeking advice on an existing award, please contact your Faculty Board Secretary. If you are unsure which of the services you require, please email Research Services for further advice.