Volunteer Gallery Assistants will play an important role supporting the exciting new exhibitions programme at the Henley-on-Thames River and Rowing Museum. Assisting the Front of House Team they will welcome visitors, provide information related to the exhibitions and help ensure the security of the displays. Gallery Assistants enable the Museum to show exhibitions and loans from national collections and by artists with international reputations.
Upcoming exhibitions that require support from Gallery Assistants include Edward Lear and David Hockney.
Support from curatorial and operations staff will be available to volunteers at all times. Introductory training and ongoing support will be provided by the curatorial team.
- Welcoming visitors to the exhibition, providing assistance and directions where necessary
- Invigilating the gallery, ensuring additional protection and security of artworks
- Potential to assist with installation of exhibitions and events
- Providing information on the Museum’s wider programme of exhibitions and events, and permanent collections and displays
We are looking for volunteers for at least one shift a week.
Gallery shifts are 10am – 12.30pm, 12.30 -3pm, 3-5pm.
The Gallery hours are from 10am – 5pm, 7 days a week.
- The opportunity to contribute to the work of a Museum with a diverse programme of exhibitions and events, and a nationally important permanent collection
- To be involved at the beginning of an exciting new programme of exhibitions looking beyond our collections to inspire our audience
- Valuable work experience for those wishing to work in the culture and heritage sector
- Free admission to the Museum
- Access to members' only events
- 10% discount on children's workshops and adult lectures.
- 10% discount on admission for up to two friends or family.
- Priority booking for certain special events.
For more information please contact email@example.com or to apply for the role please complete an application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expenses, health & safety, insurance as per volunteering policy and volunteer welcome pack.
All volunteers are required to complete an Enhanced CRB disclosure and sign the Museum’s Child Protection Policy.