Advancing Medical Professionalism
The pressures and identity crisis afflicting medical professionals are competing with the vocational ideals that led many into the profession. So, how do we prepare and educate students and junior doctors for the realities of modern medicine? And how do we support doctors to improve their practice and maintain professional satisfaction throughout their careers? Advancing Medical Professionalism, a new report from the Royal College of Physicians and the Oxford Healthcare Values Partnership (OHVP), argues that supporting doctors to develop their professional identities can be part of the answer. And that this will also help us address healthcare challenges such as the recruitment and retention of doctors, improving patient care, and managing increasingly complex health systems. This event will present Advancing Medical Professionalism and explore how to take forward the professionalism agenda.
The full report (PDF) can be found here. A summary of the report (PDF) can be found here.
- Professor Dame Jane Dacre, immediate past President, RCP
- Dr Jude Tweedie, Research Fellow RCP and University College London
- Professor Karen O’Brien, Head of the Humanities Division, Oxford University
- Dr Claire Pulford, Deputy Director of Medical Education, Oxford University Hospitals
- Professor Joshua Hordern, Associate Professor of Christian Ethics, OHVP, University of Oxford
Drinks and light refreshments will be provided.
Tickets are free and are available from Eventbrite, or contact Louie Fooks, email@example.com.
Audience: Open to all