Karen Kelsky is the Founder and President of The Professor Is In (http://theprofessorisin.com/), which provides advice and consulting services on the academic job search and all elements of the academic and post-academic career. In this talk with Q and A, Karen will walk you through the conditions of the current academic job market, the most common mistakes made by job-seekers, and the ways you can prepare your record, applications, and interviews. While the talk is oriented toward the US job market, I will reference UK doctoral training and UK job search practices throughout.
- The big-picture conditions of the academic tenure track job market
- How to think like a search committee
- The ethos of job market documents
- The most common mistakes made by job seekers
- The key to academic interviewing
- The non-academic option
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org