The Centre for Gender, Identity and Subjectivity will be running a workshop called 'Imperial Identities: Intersection and Transformations'. The aim of the workshop is to bring together researchers working on intersections of gender and identity within imperial contexts. Imperial lives were marked by displacement, cross-cultural and confessional exchanges, and cultural hybridity. For both colonizers and the colonized, experiences of empire put some of the most fundamental questions about the self and identity into stark relief.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Sarah Pearsall (History, University of Oxford)
- Dr Ersin Hussein (Classics, University of Warwick)
- Dr Esme Cleall (History, University of Sheffield)
- Maya Tomes (Classics, University of Cambridge)
- Leslie Peirce (Silver Professor of History, New York State University)
Click here to read the call for papers.
Women in the Humanities
Contact name: Naomi Pullin
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Audience: Open to all