These terms and conditions apply to all Humanities training course attendees. Our training courses are managed in CoSy.
1. Course costs (if applicable): where a deposit of £20 is needed to secure your place on the course, the shopping basket booking process will take your payment before you can proceed to checkout to secure your booking. All deposits are refunded on confirmed full course attendance (a register will be taken at the end of the session/s) or cancellation up to 72 hours before the course is due to start. All deposit refunds will be refunded within 10 working days. Where we have chosen not to add a deposit on a course, no cost will be shown in the shopping basket and you can proceed to checkout.
2. Cancellation policy: if you need to cancel your place on the course, you need to do this no later than 72 hours before the course starts, using cosy.ox.ac.uk. Cancellations by email will not be accepted. For courses with deposits attached, late cancellations or non-attendance will mean your deposit will not be refunded. For courses without deposits attached, late cancellations or non-attendance will be logged and three or more instances may mean you will not be allowed to attend any Humanities training courses for the remainder of that term. If you have a health condition or any additional needs or requirements that impact your ability to give three working days’ notice of cancellation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Attendance: if you apply for and accept a place to attend a course or event, you are expected to attend and arrive on time and stay for the duration of the session. If the course consists of more than one class, by accepting a place you are expected to attend all classes for the full duration. Some courses may have pre-course activities attached and you are expected to complete these. The activities will be stated in the course information within CoSy.
4. Engagement: All our workshops are interactive and you must make yourself available for full participation e.g. you should not be doing other tasks at the same time or accept other commitments that take place during the time of the workshop. If the workshop is in-person, you must be willing to engage and participate to the best of your ability throughout the duration of the session. If the workshop is online, you must ensure that your environment and internet connection enable you to participate verbally and visibly (with video camera on). You should not attend in a silent or shared workspace, e.g. a library.
5. Waiting lists: if you are placed on a waiting list it is because the course is fully booked. If spaces become available on courses without refundable deposits, then people on the waiting list in date order will be auto-promoted to booked status. For courses with deposits, if a place becomes available you will be contacted to ask if you would like the place, and then sent the instructions to pay the deposit to confirm your booking.
6. Feedback survey and attendance certificate: once your course attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an automated email with a link to a feedback survey. When you have completed and submitted the survey, you will be sent an email with a link to download your attendance certificate. We use the survey feedback to evaluate and improve our courses. No personal data is attached to collated survey results used for evaluation. Please see the University's Data Privacy Notice for further reference.
7. SMS Text reminders: We offer a free optional text reminder service.
If you sign-up, a text reminder will be sent to you the day before each session on which you have booked a place. We will not use this for spam or general promotion. Please note:
- You will only be sent one reminder for each course.
- Text reminders are sent in addition to the normal email reminders.
- You cannot book or cancel a course place using this text service. Use CoSy for this purpose as per the Terms and Conditions above.
- The SMS reminders are delivered using a third-party company called TextLocal.
- To sign up for this service, please register your mobile phone number with us. You can do this by visiting your My Details tile in CoSy.
- To opt out of this service, please remove your mobile number from within CoSy.